Frequently Asked Questions
For no additional cost, you will receive:
- Online News is our bi-monthly electronic newsletter. The format is a quick read that provides information on workplace giving campaigns, federation activities, and links to other news articles.
- PledgeNet was created for our members and offers campaign results and data on your organization’s pledge history, comparatives and geographic results at the touch of a button in real time.
- Event Coverage is a major focus of our marketing effort. We concentrate on building relationships with campaign leaders and creating opportunities to present our members directly to campaign coordinators, key workers and donors themselves. We communicate directly with every campaign coordinator to identify opportunities to participate in campaign planning activities, training sessions and a wide variety of campaign promotional activities such as kick-off events, charity fairs and speakers bureaus.
- The CFC Charity Guide goes to donors throughout the country. The Charity Guide includes a description of your charity’s services and an opportunity for cost-effective additional advertising. The Charity Guide is designed to enhance and define the faith-based brand and message.
- Membership Meeting and Conference provides an opportunity to exchange ideas with fellow members and to meet face-to-face with the CSC Board of Directors. Each year, CSC staff prepares an agenda designed to increase each member’s knowledge of a broad array of topics relevant to workplace fundraising and philanthropy in general. Workshops and general sessions are led by professionals in the areas of public accountability, branding and marketing.
Whether or not you are currently participating in workplace giving, CSC can help you better understand what contributes to your revenue ‘gains and losses’. To reach your full marketing potential with federal, state and private sector donors you must look at many components. Is your current federation promoting itself first and your charity second? Take a hard look at your program services and its level of duplication within your federation and the Combined Federal Campaign in general. Do the unique elements of your program stand out? By working with the CSC staff, you will be able to answer these questions and begin to prepare a plan to build your visibility.
CSC does not offer, charge for, nor promote for benefit other types of fundraising such as car donation programs or internet auction sites that can be easily accessed by your charity directly. It is our desire to give you the best possible all-inclusive service without unnecessary padding. Our focus is aggressive workplace campaign fundraising.
Corporate philanthropy is immensely important for a number of reasons, and employee-giving programs are just one of the many ways that companies express their cultures of corporate social responsibility. There are many different ways for a company to craft its employee-giving program, but there are some amazing programs out there that through collaboration with key stakeholders, CSC offers its members the opportunity to reach into these nontraditional programs.